SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59731 - 04/22/05 12:30 AM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's great to see you all and it looks like it was a very rewarding get toether. Sorry I couldn't catch up with there. It sounds like you had a good trip to the East Coast Scott.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-22-2005).]

#59732 - 04/22/05 06:41 PM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, Sorry I did not get to meet with you. When I heard your voice was gone I thought, I got him. He may get me with his keyboard plying, but I'll get with the vocals. Ahhhhh.

There I go again with my sick humor. I was looking foward to meeting you Scott. You're a talented guy with your keyboard knowledge, playing technic, singing, and love for music. I feel like I missed a lot by not seeing you.

I appreciate all the knowledge you have shared on the forums, they have helped me a great deal. And this post is out-of-site, a trip to the west coast to do some learning, may be a good idea. It's in my book for the future, "Meet with Scott".

Hope you are fully recoverd and back to feeling good again, Take good care, John C.

#59733 - 04/23/05 08:14 PM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm glad everyone (at least those that have responded here) enjoyed my report & pics.

On another note, I just discovered a terrific internet telephone software called "Skype":
http://skype.com

which allows you to voice chat (UNLIMITED & totally FREE) online (PC to PC) to anyone anywhere around the world that has a PC as well. A couple of years back, I had used "Dialpad" for free internet telephone voice chatting, but the poor signal quality (voice delay, echo, static & drop outs), and limited talk time before calls got automatically dropped, soon became annoying.

With "Skype", a fast DSL/Cable speed PC internet connection, and a 'headset w/mic', those annoyances are now a thing of the past. With Skype, you can talk (unlimited talk time & FREE) to anyone anywhere in the world who also has a PC with a DSL/Cable speed connection, and a headset w/mic. The voice sound quality & clarity rivals a regular telephone connection and with no echo or delay to boot. In fact, I recently had an enjoyable free internet telephone conversation with an arranger keyboard buddy who lives in Belgium and it sounded like he was right next door to me here in California. There was no noticeable audible delay or any echo. By adding a Webcam, you can take the internet telephone experience a step further and not only hear the person on the other end play their arranger KB, but WATCH them (on LIVE video webcam) playing their KB as well. What a great way to demonstrate & share playing tips & techniques, etc with fellow SZ arranger keyboard enthusiasts anywhere around the world. Bruno (JohnC) and others here, feel free to email me if interested in chatting via FREE internet telephone or MSN instant text messenger.

Scott

#59734 - 04/24/05 09:58 AM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
SCOTT...."Skype" sounds terrific! The camara thingy sounds really fun too!

I have "Net2phone"....same deal....I call all over the USA for $.02/minute....If I remember correctly the greatest overseas cost is $.08/minute....The biggest challenge is to avoid talking at the same time. Net2phone is also free calls between subscribers....

Have headset....will talk! If you have a regular phone....would be fun to chat a bit with you. (My only phone is "Net2Phone")...

ELIZABETH

#59735 - 04/24/05 10:04 AM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
SCOTT....Having now reviewed this thread I realize I did not compliment you on your great pictures from the FL jam! Somewhere I think I did....but not here!

They are wonderful pictures & it is great to put faces & names together!

Thanks for all of your efforts on this great forum! So much to learn, to share, & just to absorb for practical use...I love learning & there is enough to keep me interested forever!

Thanks everyone!

ELIZABETH

#59736 - 04/24/05 06:05 PM Re: My Florida "East Coast Jam" Report & Pics
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
Have headset....will talk! If you have a regular phone....would be fun to chat a bit with you. (My only phone is "Net2Phone")... ELIZABETH

Hi Elizabeth. Email me. I'd be glad to schedule a time to chat with you.

On another note, Though I utilize a cell phone as well as computer & internet phone capability for portable convenience & cheaper & free weekend calls, I've still kept my regular phone service onhand for emergencies when my cellphone or computer can't be assessed due to a power outage and/or disaster (earthquake, etc) when a cell phone battery or laptop may not be able to be re-charged. It's been recommended by my local city officials that one always maintain land line telephone service for this reason. Been wondering if I really need to do this. Curious to hear others views on this. Thanks.

Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online